Friday, July 20, 2012

The Epitome of Selfishness

One of my favorite coworkers, Andi, has an office next to mine.  We have about three to five "closed door" meetings per day to catch up on the latest happenings around the office.  She's my go-to person for "you won't believe what just happened" stories (I suppose some would call that gossip...).  She also tolerates my proclivity to predict the ultimate outcome of coworker debacles and brainstorms with me about the likely thought processes (or lack thereof) leading up to any given debacle, such as a coworker asking the President of the company if the company would buy laptops for all the professionals (apparently, company-purchased laptops is the key to increasing productivity, who knew?).  In any event, Andi provides a much-needed outlet to talk through annoying situations and people, strategize solutions to "what do I do now" problems, make and add to a list titled "coworkers who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom", and audience for the rehearsal (and rehearsal) of the "okay, this is what I'm going to say to him" speech where I confront an out-of-line coworker or boss.

Whenever Andi goes on vacation (even for just a long weekend), I feel like I'm going to die…or….explode….or die from exploding.  My outlet for important news and strategizing world problems is gone. 

To my misfortune, Miss Andi got married last weekend and took three days of work off before the wedding and two weeks off for her honeymoon after the wedding.  So selfish, right!?!  I know!!! 

While she's on vacation, I've considered keeping a list of all the "happenings" around the office so I can fill her in when she returns.   You know, she’ll definitely want to know important things like…like….like….like....like... As it turns out, not that much interesting actually happens around here.  In any event, Andi, hurry back soon from your honeymoon so I won't be so bored.  And, for goodness sake, stop being so selfish!

No comments:

Post a Comment